Aquinas appoints new Head of Junior School

Nicole Monzu has been appointed the new Head of Junior School at Aquinas College, as of January 2019. Nicole is the current Early Years Learning Coordinator and Kindergarten teacher at the College.

She was instrumental in establishing the Kindergarten to Year 3 programme at Aquinas College, viewing it as one of the most significant highlights of her 11-year career at the College so far.

“The introduction of the first all-boys Kindergarten in Western Australia and the implementation of the Early Years that followed has been a highlight,” Nicole said.

“It was a major change in the look and feel of Aquinas College and to have seen that through to its completion this year was an achievement and something that I will hold onto as a highlight in my career,” she said.

Nicole said she felt privileged to be given the opportunity to take on the role of Head of Junior School.

“I am so grateful for the opportunity that has been offered to me. I am honoured to be given the keys to another new chapter in the Junior School and I am very proud to represent the staff, parents and mostly the boys who will always be at the forefront of all decisions that I make.”

“I am looking forward to helping to shape and guide a community who uphold a set of agreed and shared values, building relationships with families and young boys across the whole of the Junior School and being an integral part of a boy’s learning journey from K-6.”

Nicole will replace outgoing Head of Junior School Steven Males, who has been appointed Head of Junior School at Christ Church Grammar School.