Old Photo Frame

Our History

Aquinas College is one of Western Australia’s oldest and most respected boys’ Colleges, and is a founding member of the Public Schools Association.

Our history as a College dates back to 1894, with the foundation of Christian Brothers College Perth on St George’s Terrace in the Perth CBD. While CBC was founded for day students, it soon attracted an increasing number of boarding students and it became apparent that a much larger campus would be needed.

In 1938, Aquinas College was opened on its current site – an elevated 62-hectare property, with over two kilometres of water frontage on the Canning River. Our beautiful campus includes the Mount Henry Peninsula, an area of significant bushland which adds much to the site.

When the College was first established, all teaching staff were Christian Brothers. Over time, they were joined and eventually replaced by lay teaching staff, and in 2000, the first lay headmaster was appointed.

Currently, Aquinas College accepts day students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and boarding students in Years 7 to 12. From 2014 onwards, it will be progressively adding classes from Kindergarten to Year 3, so that by 2018 Aquinas will offer K-12 education for boys.